Nominations due by July 7
Save the date: Monday, Sept. 18 5:30-8:30 p.m.Submit a nomination
Changing the Narrative
The Saint Paul & Minnesota Community Foundations are seeking nominations for two awards to be given to two individuals or organizations working to eliminate racism and its effects. The awards are part of the Foundations' commitment to equity and offer the chance to recognize community members who are courageously transforming our region and state.
We invite you to submit a nomination in support of an adult or youth who is helping to promote racial equity. This year, we will also consider nominations for organizations that are doing work to eliminate racism and promote equity. Each nominee must:
- Actively engage in creating a racially equitable community.
- Demonstrate commitment to directly addressing issues of racism and/or tackling racial inequity in the East Metro and across Minnesota. Nominees, individuals and organizations, might be working to reduce racism by changing attitudes, behaviors and practices, or by increasing access to resources at an individual, community, neighborhood, institutional, policy or systemic level.
- Individuals must work with or through an organization(s). An organizational nominee can be any type of entity, e.g., a nonprofit, foundation, private company.
- Be notified by the nominator and receive consent prior to submitting the nomination form. If your nominee is a youth under the age of 18, you must receive consent from the nominee’s guardian.
- Not be self-nominated.
- Not be a former Facing Race Ambassador Award recipient.
- Not be staff or board members of The Saint Paul & Minnesota Community Foundations.
Nominees will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the nominee’s work helps to eliminate racism and its effects, and promotes racial equity in Minnesota.
- The nominee’s accomplishments in the past five years, including 2017, in any one of the Foundation’s six areas of community vitality: community connectedness; economic opportunity and security; education; health; housing and transportation and human services and family support.
- The degree to which the nominee’s accomplishments benefit the communities in either the East Metro area that includes the City of Saint Paul, Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, or statewide.
Download the nomination form
You must still apply online
For more information